Thursday, September 25, 2014

Flipped Classroom

Recently, the concept of Flipped Classroom have been mentioned for so many times. Besides, in PIDP 3250,  my classmates also discuss it warmly.

After searching online and discussing in PIDP forum, I have learned much about Flipped Classroom although I don't have the chance to practice it .

I think this new way of teaching has changed our traditional concept about teaching. Students have to watch the video or lectures online before the class, learning those materials by themselves. In fact, they have to do much discussion and even the homework in class. Just because they have learned those materials before, students can show their opinions, propose their puzzles, and cooperate with students.

Properly use of Flipped Classroom can help us reach our goals-- acquiring tools for students to pursue their study instead of learning a specific skills.

Following is a video I find useful and meaningful.